Monday, February 13, 2012

Chocolate Fork Biscuits



This afternoon, I needed chocolate. You have those days right?

I searched high and low for any secret stash, somewhere? anywhere? But the cupboard was bare.



But the cupboard is never really bare.... especially is you have a quick chocolate biscuit recipe at hand.
I have been making this recipe for as long as I can remember, since high school. Perhaps these biscuits will be, just the thing, when you next have your own chocolate cravings.



The kids were very happy that I needed chocolate today.
 

Chocolate Fork Biscuits

makes about 24 biscuits

• 125 grams butter

• 1/4 cup caster sugar

• 1 cup self raising flour

• pinch of salt

• 2 1/2 tablespoon dutch cocoa

Preheat oven to 190 degrees. Prepare baking trays. Cream the butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Sift in the flour, salt and cocoa and mix well. Roll the mixture into walnut size balls and place on to the baking tray. With a fork dipped in cold water, flatten each ball into a 5 cm circle. Bake in a moderate oven for 8-10 minutes. Cool on a wire rack.

These cookies are best on the day that they are baked. I have kept some for tomorrow's afternoon tea and the rest I have frozen.

3 comments:

  1. Kids in the Kitchen making these right now, they look yummy and easy...Just the way we like it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope you like them. I keep sneeking them while the kids are at school!

      Delete

Thanks for stopping by. I'd love to hear what's happening in your kitchen. If you've tried one of my recipes, I'd like to know what you thought? Do you have some advice to make it better? Did you find a mistake? Perhaps it is a new favourite in your home?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...